Thursday, November 8, 2007

Plan a decadent Beverly Hills getaway...

I just got back from a 12 day vacation/ business trip to Palm Desert & Los Angeles. I must admit that I am somewhat intoxicated with all the Hollywood glam. I love shopping in Beverly Hills, enjoy lunch at the Ivy and cocktails at the Polo Lounge. If you want to treat yourself to a fabulous weekend with your hubby, or best gal pal, here's the lowdown..
Plan a 3 night stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel with all it's rich fabulous movie star history. Right now their rates are $335 US per night.
Have brunch at the pool. I recommend the eggs Benedict, best I have ever tasted and only $15. Enjoy lunch or drinks at the infamous Polo Lounge, where I was waiting in line beside none other than Avril Lavigne and her entourage. Shop till you drop in Beverly Hills on Rodeo and Robertson (even just to window shop).
Then really indulge with a hair cut. I was treated to one of the best hair cuts ever at the Ken Paves Salon - only $125. My stylist Larry, was funny, charming (and oh so handsome) and made me feel like a queen for 1 1/2 hours. He just returned from Chicago where he worked on Oprah's show "100 Makeover in 48 hours" (view video at Oprah, showing Larry working with Ken Paves team). As the blinds were being drawn, he whispered that it may get crazy for a while - Lindsay Lohan was due to arrive!


Pool at beverly Hills Hotel... Me with the new do & Larry

across the street from Ken Paves Salon... Lindsay with new do

No comments: