Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Two hours of Bliss...

As women, we all know how important it is to pamper ourselves. Then why don't we do it more ofter? I try to place myself at the top of my "to do" list, but somehow life gets in the way.
So last week I decided, this is it, I am treating myself to a facial and body massage!
I looked on-line at my local spa and when I read this, I said sign me up!
"Relax and Renew, Includes a deep cleansing, gentle exfoliation, extractions, masque and moisturizer followed with a 30 minute Aromatic Body Massage."
Who doesn't want to be renewed? I arrived at 4 pm, was lead to a change room where I doned sandals and a big robe. I was ushered into a room, which immediately shifted my gears to relax mode. It was mysteriously dark, and the flickering candles lulled me into a romantic mood (why do candles do that?).
The skin specailsit asked me to lay face down on the bed, which was warm. I knew I was in heaven...
She began to massage my upper shoulders. I knew then I may have to be scraped off the floor. Conversation was quiet as was the music. She massaged my calf muscles. I rolled over on my back and she began gently massaging and steaming my face. Did she notice I was looking at her with adoring eyes? Then true happiness - she said my complexion was good! All these years of cleansing, masking, toning, moisturizing and suncreen has paid off -Yahoo!
Needless to say, at the end of the two hour session, (yes 2 hours!) I felt like a new woman. And when I got home, my husband said , "boy you look great without one speck of makeup!"
I've already booked my next appointment...

No comments: